Thursday, July 24

Mainly Faffing.

I’ve spent a large part of today in my sewing nook sorting out my fabric stash. I don’t want to give the impression my stash is so large it has taken most of the day to organize it’s just that I get way laid continually.

I started another dog bag but then decided that the lining I had chosen wasn’t right…..this is why my productivity is virtually nonexistent as every little detail has to be right.

I have also decided to wash all my fabric as I have read you are meant too.

I find all this organizing rather dull; well I think if I didn’t have to stop to fix meals and chores I’d enjoy it more…

9 comments:

  1. There is nothing worse than being on a sewing roll and getting constantly interrupted. I am also a bit like you, I start off doing one thing and then move on to another, at days end I'm exhausted, but then realize that nothing is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you do need some sort of order before you can get on with a project (she said...encouragingly) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the word 'faffing'. I do a lot of that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:21 PM

    It is easy to get distracted when sorting out yur stash! I like the look of your cotton reel holder - I need something like that! Did you but it or make it? All my cotton reels are tangled in a drawer and it always takes ages to extricate the one I want. With a gizmo like that it would tangling would be a thing of the past!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your beautiful blog...
    Looking forward to read more of it!
    All of your cakes look super delicious!
    Kisses kisses
    Debbie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i could do with some organisation round here in the messiest sewing corner in the world! i read the fabric washing tip somewhere too which i should get in the habit of doing as soon as i buy the fabric...when i'm in the mood to make something i'm too impatient to include that step in the process. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having to stop to make meals is such a chore when you're on a sewing role, I totally sympathise. We've been eating a lot of salad lately....very quick!!

    L x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Talking of stash sorting..where did you get that rack for your spools ? I want one/several.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I will reply within comments but you can always email me should you wish to keep it private.