Thursday, March 11

Bitter in Lewes

A very belated trip to Lewes on a bitterly cold day….it was freezing.
Just as we were returning to the car Harveys brewery across the river were letting off steam (I think) which I found very pleasing to my eye although the yeasty hop smell that pervades the bottom half of the High Street is a bit of an acquired taste.

On the way home we stopped off on top of Ditchling Beacon and for the first time I noticed a dew pond across the road.
I love seeing these unusual manmade features on the landscape… since I learnt how they were made many, many years ago.

6 comments:

  1. Aaah, Ditchling Beacon, I've cycled up that a couple of times (no getting off and pushing!) but I was a little younger...and fitter... Thanks for gthe links, I didn't know what a dew pond was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well every day is a school day as my husband says...how fascinating about the dew pond! i love it's shape and name. great link! xX

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's jolly cold here too.
    the views are beautiful and thank you for telling us about dew ponds - a new one on me!
    anniex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:35 PM

    Yes yes yes, your blog is just soooo wonderful and gives me a lot of energy!

    A footprint from Sweden by Agneta

    ReplyDelete
  5. A dew pond, it sounds romantic, lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I will reply within comments but you can always email me should you wish to keep it private.