Monday, May 8

Where have all the giblets gone?

I can't buy a chicken with it's giblets anymore - does anyone know why? How are you meant to make proper gravy without them?

As I write this I have a free range turkey in the oven, but half it's giblets are missing; no heart, no lungs, and no kidneys. Where do they go?

Is it because "modern" women have lost touch with what you are meant to do with them? Is everyone so reliant on gravy granules these days? I guess it's going to take Jamie Oliver to say you have to have them to make gravy, then we'll all be tripping over them- but for the record I said it first!

2 comments:

  1. What are giblets? Would Morris men use them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I think Morris men use gizzards, which are different.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I will reply within comments but you can always email me should you wish to keep it private.