Wednesday, September 13

Figs not Drains

Despite taking some super drain photos I have been advised not to blog them - readers it's your loss as I find them (bizarrely fascinating) so here instead are some figs which were picked from a neighbours garden this morning.

For those of you not familar with them - the more "spoilt" and split they look, the more succulent they will be - if it looks perfect it's probably not ready for eating.

I love them, and they love me!



Split and oozing - perfect
Worthing which is a few miles up the road used to be the fig capital of England at the turn of the last century.I'm full of facts like this...........

2 comments:

  1. you're going to think me a heathen...the closest i've come to the real thing is a fig roll (YUM!) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing wrong with fig rolls (dipped into coffee) - the only reason I am a fig convert is because I had neighbours in my last house that used to grow them - when I've bought them from a supermarket I have been decidedly underwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I will reply within comments but you can always email me should you wish to keep it private.