I’ve been tagged by Tif. Strictly speaking this has happened before – but I shall try and pull a few more fascinating facts about myself!
I guess it’s all rather subjective – what constitutes interesting. The things I find interesting about people could be considered dull to others. I find it fascinating to discover what makes people ‘tick’, it’s not always the obvious. What I think about myself is probably not how others think of me. I have great difficulty describing myself - what do you do? is a question that puts the fear of God in me. I hate to be pigeon holed by others so I especially don't want to do it to myself!
With that in mind here are a few more facts about me that you may or may not find interesting.
• In my last tag I told you I had been named after the midwife( Anneke) and gynaecologist (Lynn) who delivered me – after I was born my mother couldn’t afford a cot so apparently I slept in a drawer. I rather like this fact and think there should be more children put into furniture and tidied away.
• My maternal grandparents were cousins – this explains a lot of things
• Florence Hope – the name Stella and I use is the combined names of our respective grandmothers
• I never believed in love at first sight until I met my late pussy cat Mimi – I went to a house where a CPL lady was fostering cats and she had shown me a lovely mummy cat with one of her kittens that had to be homed together and my husband had said that I wasn’t allowed to come home with more than one cat….for once I did what he said so the lady left the room and returned with Mimi in her arms – that was it, she was the most beautiful cat I had ever seen and she looked at me and I knew we were meant to be together…..when she was being put to sleep years later she turned at looked at me – it broke my heart.
• I say this modestly but I have great practical intelligence. I guess I am a true artisan. I like to be shown how to do something rather than follow instructions from a book,I love doing things with my hands. Even being riddled with arthritis doesn’t stop me wanting to fiddle with bits and pieces all the time.
• Latin fascinates me. I would love to be able to go to classes and study it.
• I am definitely a ‘winter’ person – heat and sun depress me.
Well I hope that is enough for you. Sorry no photos today.